• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My dive into a pico

Just starting out so a couple of initial photos. added a 36 watt cf and plan to do a AC70 fuge mod, but right now its just rock and sand.

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks good. Nice to see another Jackson resident making a showing! There are a few of us here now.

3 gallon jbj picotope, 4# of live rock... I am seriously considering dwarf seahorses for this tank. Researching different macro algea, doing alot reading. I have no problems being able to hatch live brine for them, my wife and I just had our first baby, so I am not going away anytime soon.

Yes from what I am reading on different sites its kinda hit or miss. Some say they have little problem with them and others no luck at all.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
More miss than hit, unfortunately. 90% of folks that try dwarf seahorses as their first seahorse have total losses after about 3 months. They require 3-4 feedings a day of enriched 2-3 day old brine shrimp. Water parameters can be a huge nightmare in a tank that small as any fluctuation is going to happen quickly. Quick changes aren't a good thing in saltwater aquariums.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on the new tank, I like the live rock it looks really nice. I can't weigh in on the seahorses, but have you thought about doing corals and inverts in there?

Update on the tank, added a few frags:

Two Rics, one orange and one green-blue
DSC01258.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

New zoa frag, kind of a cool tangerine color
DSC01257.jpg

FTS: a couple other odds and ends from my AP 24 thrown in odd zoas and a leather which has grown insane and needs to be fragged big time.
DSC01262.jpg

And when I get the chance I am gonna frag this sweet emerald green zoas that mutated from an orange bullseye to this.
DSC01201.jpg