• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new Stocking Idea

Ok, I've revised my stocking list once more from when I posted a while ago, and I hope this works out better.

I wanted to still stick with just the SPS, but I wanted to switch out a few of the fish. Here's what I'm hoping to do.

65 Gallon RR
AquaC Remora Pro Skimmer

A trio of Anthia (Hoping for M,F,F)
A trio of Chromis
A Mandarin

Is this to heavy of stock or could I add another fish? It's to my understand that the Anthias are super active and eat a lot, which leads me to think they poop a lot, too. The Chromis shouldn't be that bad, and the Mandarin isn't that active at all.

Save the mandarin until the tank is very mature, at least 6 to 8 months. The more rock the better. You really need a well established pod population.

Anthias are active feeders, but I wouldn't call that a heavy stocking plan. It feels just right to me.

Yeh they are not big fish. However just a thought you have two schooling sort of fish...maybe a couple smaller "different" fish would be nice. Blenny, goby, hawkfish, clown, cardinal fish etc as they will have different personalities/habits. Something to watch. Schooling fish are nice if you want something in the background but up close the other fish are interesting.