• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My sick Clownfish

howze01

NJRC Member
It seems my female Picasso Clown has come down with yet another sickness. She was pretty infested with ich. I treated her wih copper and it's pretty much gone. While she had ich her tail started to disappear. I figured some secondary bacerial infection got to her. I started treating that with Melafix today. After I fed her today I noticed her poop was white and stringy. I've been reading that it could be bacterial or a parasite. Either way I should be covered between the Melafix and copper right? She also looks pretty swollen. She hasn't been chowing down like she used to, not nearly enough to be as chubby as she is. When I feed them she eats 3 or 4 mysis. I usually try to feed them twice a day. Could that be another thing added to the list? I soak their food in Selcon too. So, what I want to know is there anything else I should or could be doing?

Thanks for the help!

Oh, I should mention too that she's in a 30g QT tank along with her little boyfriend who seems to be doing just fine.

Jonathan,I cant recall cause fortunately I didnt have any fish illnesses for a long time.But do some reading on brookenella(sp)? I hope she pulls thru and cont to get better

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
If it is internal parasite then you need to treat with prazipro. I have some if you need it.

Sunny

howze01

NJRC Member
I saw Prazi at OG today. Should I treat all this at once though? Is it OK to have her in there with copper, melafix AND prazi? I also have two barnacle blennies and the male clown in there too.

howze01

NJRC Member
So, I never had the time to get to the store to get the Prazi. Looks like I may not need to though. I went down this morning before work I went down to check on the QT and my little Picasso girl looked like her old self again. Well, minus a bit of tail that I'm sure will grow back. She ate really well tonight and I caught her pooping later and it was regular old fish doo doo. No traces of the ich either. She sure looks like she's on the upswing!

so, i never had the time to get to the store to get the prazi. Looks like i may not need to though. I went down this morning before work i went down to check on the qt and my little picasso girl looked like her old self again. Well, minus a bit of tail that i'm sure will grow back. She ate really well tonight and i caught her pooping later and it was regular old fish doo doo. No traces of the ich either. She sure looks like she's on the upswing!

woohoo!

howze01

NJRC Member
Thanks everyone for your help and good wishes.

On to the next question though, how long should I leave her in there? I was thinking another 4 weeks or so.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So, I never had the time to get to the store to get the Prazi. Looks like I may not need to though. I went down this morning before work I went down to check on the QT and my little Picasso girl looked like her old self again. Well, minus a bit of tail that I'm sure will grow back. She ate really well tonight and I caught her pooping later and it was regular old fish doo doo. No traces of the ich either. She sure looks like she's on the upswing!

Great to hear.

Bob