• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Temp 40 Breeder Tank

As you might know, I've been dealing with my fish tank setup that is couple of months old and leaks, I've decided to setup a temporary 40B to keep my fish and some corals.
I might upgrade from 75gal to 90gal but I have not decided yet.
Thanks to the very generous fellow reefers on this club, this setup is going to be easier and faster to put together. Again thanks a lot Michael (Trivan) for your help.
I'll be using some of the stuff from my 75 gal setup also.

This setup will be as followed:

40B drilled with overflow and return already installed.
20 gal. custom acrylic sump.
Full spectrum chinese LED.
SCA or Seaclone protein skimmer (not sure yet)
Mag5 pump.
Wp25 , 1 or 2?
DIY ATO.
Custom stand.
I think that's it for now....

Started building the stand, I was thinking to build a simple one not to fancy until my wife saw it and found out it was the fish tank stand now she wants me to make it look fancy.

I'm thinking to go bare bottom so what is the best way to do it?....meaning what to use to avoid the glass to crack.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have never a tank cracked on the bottom due to rocks directly on top of it. I have been thru quite a few tanks. Even had rocks fall on the bottom. So it's not a concern to me.

I do recommend painting the bottom or add a cardboard below the tank so light from the equipment below won't light up the tank at night.

I have never a tank cracked on the bottom due to rocks directly on top of it. I have been thru quite a few tanks. Even had rocks fall on the bottom. So it's not a concern to me.

I do recommend painting the bottom or add a cardboard below the tank so light from the equipment below won't light up the tank at night.
Thanks Joe, I already put plywood on top of the stand where the tank will siton.