• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Vodka Dosing Experiences

I have been dosing vodka in my 58 gallon for about 3 months now and water is crystal clear and nitrates/ PO4 are zero. Polyp extension and color are great. slow is key when starting to dose in my opinion.

Daftboy said:
lol .. i just realized your actual name on here... you have a supra ? I actually am I big toyota fan myself... my new project car is a 92 MR2... i have a 3rd gen 3sgte i've been building... if you know what im talking about :/

I certainly do know what you are talking about and I certainly do own a 94 Supra TT 6-spd. I do all the work on it myself. It is one of the things that bring me joy!!

Last edited:
As an update....everything is doing great...great color and polyp extension. My skimmer is still pulling ultra-nasty stuff out!!

The only thing is that now that I have reached 10mL a day I am strting to see a lot more cyano. The instructions to follow if cyano is present is to cut the dose in half and erradicate the cyano, then slowly go up again. I myself am trying another approach...I am removing the cyano whenever I see it , but continuing to dose on schedule and continuinng to increase my dose each week. My thought is that the "good" bacteria that is growing from the dosing (the reason to dose) will use up all the nutrients and carbon source and out compete the cyano to a point where the cyano halts its growth and begins to die off. I'm hoping that is what happens!! Call it...my little experimentt!!