• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mynd's New Tank - and so it begins - 06.30.09

Hello there,

You heard it.. I am doing another tank.. Starting with the stands.. These stands are made of 1/4 inch angle iron and are perfectly square. They don't look like much now, but just wait until I put the 5/4 inch MDO on the top with a oak finish on the top and sides ;) Gonna be nice!

newtankstands.jpg

If anyone knows a place that I can get 5/4" MDO for less then $70.00 for one sheet 4'x8' let me know..

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This may be early, but what type of tank are you going with? Glad to see another nano person jump back in.

mynd said:
Hello there,

You heard it.. I am doing another tank.. Starting with the stands.. These stands are made of 1/4 inch angle iron and are perfectly square. They don't look like much now, but just wait until I put the 5/4 inch MDO on the top with a oak finish on the top and sides ;) Gonna be nice!

newtankstands.jpg

If anyone knows a place that I can get 5/4" MDO for less then $70.00 for one sheet 4'x8' let me know..

Let me know If you need some nice corals :)

Hello there mate,

I wish I could tell you.. It is a huge surprise, cause I custom designed it myself in sketchup and I am going to have a company build it for me. I just got the information I needed from them to finish my diagram for them cause I wanted the drill holes a certain size and this way no one makes a mistake.. All they have to do is do what is on the sketchup for it to be right.

Once I get closer to that time and have it in my possession for photos.. I will update.. Thanks for asking though..

Keep in mind the title says TABLES.. There are 2 of them.. Exactly 4x4x26 or 27" tall.. It just blew out of my mind.. This is gonna be sweet!

It looks like if you are going to keep it under 40 G then the profile is going to be very interesting .... looks like 2X2x? if my shoebox measuring looks right. And you said stands...does that mean more then one?

Oh, does that 40 gallons or less mean per tank or total ;) hehehehe

Yes, the stands ( 2 ) are 4feetx4feetx27 or 27" lol.. I was doing some measuring earlier and I can't for the life of me remember if it is 26 or 27" I could run up and check, but I am tired.. lol

Hope everyone is well..

I just went through this whole thign and loved it....I am strating a 24 nano cube DX right now and love the look of yours.

well well well.. it's been awhile.. Tables are almost completed.. :) New Hardware is on the way.. Tank design is completed and going to be submitted on Tuesday next week. Now for the down side. I need to get rid of my current tank and everything in it as well as the hardware. If you are interested in a 12 gallon nano, pristine, 15 rare acans from pnoy, an amazing 20 year old branching hammer coral, an array of rics and zoanthids, along with an amazing tracyphillia, cured live rock covered in coraline algae, a external panworld 40 px pump and current 1/15 hp chiller all for 500.00, plus whatever I have laying around except for one pump that is on borrow, please contact me here.

The tank is amazing! The colors are amazing, the corals are amazing... This is a steal! That chiller alone is worth half that price and is brand new, just hooked up but has not been used do to cooler temperatures in my cellar.

I will not part out and I need once piece of the live rock so I can keep my two gobies alive while I set up the new stuff.

Any takers?!!

HEY G! Sorry I have been AFK so long.. busy with work and new build.. No the light fixture is not for sale. The new tank will be using this fixture I think. Not sure atm and if not then it will be sold stand alone. Hope all is well with you! Gotta get you on the phone and come visit your tank real soon.