• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nanowrimo Anyone?

The name of the thread says it all. Who all is planning to participate in the 2007 Nanowrimo?

**If you aren't familiar, Nanowrimo is the National Novel Writing Month. It's 30 days to write a 50,000 word novel. It's gloriously awful and fun all at the same time. It's not nearly as bad as the 24 Hour Comic, but it's still pretty bad at times.

GregW said:
50,000 words?! I got a headache just from typing this reply.

*giggle*

You could always do what Neil Gaiman did for the 24 Hour Comic. When the deadline was getting closer and closer, and Gaiman hadn't finished his comic, he was left with two choices; not complete the challenge by finishing the comic later, or make a quick ending then. Gaiman finished the comic in just a few pages to complete the comic, despite falling short of the 24 page mark (which is considered to be the goal of the 24 Hour Comic)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about nanos in the wrong forum, lol!

Sorry, I'll have to say NOT I. The idle ramblings of this bunch could be scary. I'm not even sure I'd want to read any of those, let alone write one...

Hmmmmmmmm.......

The Adventures of Ruden the Reef Llama

Long ago on a reef far away....

Or maybe in Bill & Ted style:

Long, long, long, long, long, long, way long ago on a cool reef far, far, far, far,.....