• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NCPARS spring frag swap at penn state university april 12 2008

hi,i just wanted to announce the frag swap at PSU main campus on april 12,2008.the speaker will be Kevin Kohen the director of live aquaria.there will be plenty of LE frags for trade and sale along with some great items being raffled off at the event.a PSU reef tank tour is planned and there will be food and refreshments.the club has set up lodging at a local hotel with a discounted rate.check out the links below for more details and you can register on fragswapper for the event.thanks for looking and we hope to see you there.

http://fragswapper.com/home.asp

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1263921

Dan Rigle
vice president
North Central Pa Aquarium Reef Society

we are flying Kevin Kohen in for the swap.here is a description of what he will be speaking on.

kevin20kohen.jpg

Fish and Coral Husbandry Techniques
Kevin Kohen
Drawing on Kevin’s vast experiences, this talk will address the important questions that most hobbyists are faced with when dealing with fish and corals.

Best practices in acclimatizing fish and coral
Treatment of Common Fish Diseases – What works
Care of fish in Quarantine
Getting difficult fish to feed
How to avoid Coral Pests
Dealing with Coral Pests in the aquarium
Kevin Kohen is the Director of LiveAquaria.com and has extensive experience in the Tropical Fish Industry. Starting his career and working for eight years in a retail Fish store, Kevin then moved on to oversee the operations of one of the largest Tropical Fish Wholesale and Import/Export businesses in the Midwest for over eight years. From there, Kevin ventured on to launch the LiveAquaria.com web site. Kevin has bred and reared nearly 100 species of fresh and saltwater fish and was one of the early pioneers in the U.S. to maintain live corals in captivity back in the early 80's. For over 20 years, he has been a leading advocate for specialized shipping techniques that ensure the health of aquatic life during transit.
Professionally, Kevin has helped pioneer important research studies in water chemistry management, filtration technologies, fish diseases, and acclimation techniques to safeguard the health of a wide range of aquatic species. Kevin designed our new Drs. Foster & Smith Aquaculture Coral Facility, and oversaw the installation of this new state-of-the-art facility. Kevin oversees the operations of the facility and is actively involved in the husbandry and propagation of all of the aquatic life in this new facility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the raffles are adding up for the swap.at this rate everyone who buys a raffle ticket will probably win something.we are also throwing together a grab bag for everyone who attends.sample packs of foods,additives,etc...hope to see you all there.

i just got word from sanjay that ORA is probably donating corals for the raffle.we all know how nice there stuff is .it is not written in stone but i think it is going to happen.i will keep you guys posted.

Come on guys! Its gonna be a fun time!

I haven't seen anyone registered on fragswapper yet.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending?

I've been kicking it around, it's the 7hour round trip that has me hesitant ::)

rickyfins said:
Come on guys! Its gonna be a fun time!

I haven't seen anyone registered on fragswapper yet.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have a 1030 TBall game. Unfortunately, we'd have to leave by 8 to really enjoy the day. Hopefully next time!

Hey Guys, Copps just signed up to make the trip from the south. I am sure some of you will have some questions for him as well!

This will be a good one to come to, Kevin is being flown in just for the occasion!

We have made arrangements for those traveling a long distance to get a discount at a local hotel, so come on and have some spring time fun!

I am going to make sure we(NCPARS) get more of our membership down your way this fall, and what a better time to get started on that by inviting us at our swap, you can have a few moments to speak on it if you like.

two days left before the biggest swap in NCPARS hiistory takes place.dont miss it.it is going to be great
We have 125 registered attendees.
Over 300 corals already traded
Lots of great raffle items; Vortec pump, Apoogee PAR meter, ORA corals... among a host of other items

D-day is comming fast....