• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help identifying this coral

mott768 said:
You really need to check your Mag! instant ocean salt has very low levels of cal and mag. I told you your problem with the coral is your levels, dipping it will only further stress it and could possably kill it.
Hey Tom

My friend and I checked everything Friday night Mag was fine all other parameters are looking ok calcium is up to 380 and holding. when i dipped the coral, there where alot of tiny black things coming off of it. Parasites?

What was the levels? Mag should be around 1350 and bring your cal up around 420

It's hard to say what the black things where with out a good pic.

mag was at 1400 i am going to add some more calcium this morning. when the mh come on i will try and get a photo of the coral

Is it looking better since you got the cal up? Now that you got it over 350 you should start to notice improvement over the next few day's as long as you keep the levels up.

mott768 said:
Is it looking better since you got the cal up? Now that you got it over 350 you should start to notice improvement over the next few day's as long as you keep the levels up.
[
sickfrog1.jpg

sick2.jpg

Not looking any better but i would think it is in shock now

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, I'm with Tom. I'm not a big fan of fresh water dipping anything that belongs in SW. Especially not a fleshy coral like a frogspawn. Sorry.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wouldn't remove it from your tank. I've had one that looked like that for a month, then it started looking better and better.

FWIW, I freshwater dipped a frogspawn I had once after suddenly losing 2 heads on it. Within 48 hours after the FW dip the frogspawn began to look better and within a month it completely recovered from whatever ailment it had. There's a long, detailed discussion about FW dips on RC somewhere, but the "search" function is currently not working, or I would have tried and linked to it.

---
Wendy

Well it looks like the little guy might turn around. not fully open, but it looks much better than it did in the last picture. looks alittle more poofy ;D. maybe it will turn around. i'll take some pictures and post em

JerseyWendy said:
Yay! Terrific news, Mike. ;D

---
Wendy

Hey what are you doing on here? don't you have a tank to finish? LOL J/K ;D because when your done with yours you have to come and setup mine ::) yea i'm hoping for the best with this little guy. I really want him to make it cause i really want one. I'll take some pictures when i get home today and post em up