• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help with T5 Bulbs

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am going to buy a ATI 60" Sunpower 6x80w fixture this week and like to know if this would be a good bulb choice. I am not looking for 20,000k look.
Bulbs that I am looking at getting and the order I would be putting them in from front to back.
Front
1 Aqua Blue Plus
2 Aqua Blue
3 Fiji Purple
4 Aqua Blue
5 Aqua Blue Plus
6 Aqua Blue Plus
Back

I have posted a few different times about the bulbs, if you want to go back and look. But my thought is that is going to be really blue. I would try to increase your range include an actinic and 10K or two in there someway or another.

Comes down to what you like and how much growth you want.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
+1 on being very blue. I will look to add a daylight the third bulb from front.

Right now my 7x54 is as follows
blue plus
blue plus
fiji pink
blue plus
aquaspecial
blue plus
blue plus
Very blue, too blue for me, fixture came that way so will be adding another pink or aquablue soon. You can come by to see it if you want to compare.

Mine is set up like this

back to front
Icecap actinic 420nm
Icecap twilight blue 460nm
ATI blue plus
Icecap reefcrest 10k
Icecap midwater 12k
ATI blue plus
Icecap deepwater 14k

Looks like this
p1943709.jpg

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ynotme4886 said:
Mine is set up like this

back to front
Icecap actinic 420nm
ATI blue plus
Icecap reefcrest 10k
Icecap midwater 12k
ATI blue plus
Icecap deepwater 14k

That looks very nice in color. Now how to get something like that with 6x80w bulbs
Looks like this
p1943709.jpg

I live about 15mins or so from Icecap so if I need a bulb I just stop by.

Easier than paying shipping and having to wait.

I dont think they have them in the 80w bulbs yet. They only make 3 and 4 footers as far as I know

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes I am not to faraway from IceCap also. Dave at IceCap lives behind me.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What do you think of this combo?
ATI Blue Plus

KZ Fiji Purple

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6500K Daylight

ATI Blue Plus/ ATI 12000K Aquablue

ATI Blue Plus

I've used everything there except the Purple. But it looks good to me. I like the ATI bulbs (actually have a few 39 watt ones sitting around and used them before I got the icecap bulbs) I really like the GE 6500k too

If you like LPS I would include an actinic bulb IMHO. You will get good pop on greens. Since you have 3 Blue Plus I would take out one and replace it with the actinic but that is just me.

Shame you need bigger bulbs then I have sitting. I have quite a few 3 ft ones sitting around somewhere.

Always fun to juggle em around and see what you get

the GE 6500k should bring some great growth. i have a 6000k aquaticlife and the growth on some of my SPS is outstanding. my actinic bulbs keep the slight yellow tint to a minimum

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How about 3 – ATI Blue Plus, 1 – ATI 12000K Aquablue, 1 – GE 6500K Daylight and 1 – KZ Fiji Purple.

Right now I use 4 blue plus, 1 fiji purple, and an aquablue. In all honesty the tank doesnt have a 20k look. To me its more of a 14k-15k.

Hope that helps