• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

need some help with my corals

i am in need of some help with my corals. I have a zoa colony that had bubble algae i thought i got most of it out and its been about a month and now i seen a huge outbreak of it as it has grown back on the same zoa's and my other zoa's have it as well now ? i am switching to a bigger tank (after it cycles ) and i realy dont wanna put them in the new tank till there free of this bloom i have. I know people say you can get emerald crabs to eat it or you could cut it off which i done once and made a big mess with it . The colony had doubled in size since and has taken over a descent size rock. Im open to ideas or if someone who has had this problem before and cured it would you be willing to show me what to do ?

Removing will help, reducing the nutrient level will end their spread. Most algaes are opportunistic in the sense that they may be present but don't explode unless there is enough food in the water to allow them to. Check your tank's water for phosphates, ammonia and it's by products, only use ro/di or distilled water for salt making or top off. If you are not buying distilled check the ro/di from time to time to assure it is clean before you add. Good luck.