• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need someone with PVC experience near Middletown

This is a stretch but I have no idea who to call for this so I figured it couldn't hurt asking here... maybe someone has PVC experience (and the right tools) and I could hire them :)

The pvc venting for our furnace in the basement was installed with a negative pitch, from my guess whoever installed it was just to lazy when they realized it was under the main support beam to turn it a bit and trim off the excess pipe so they left it. I'm getting some condensation inside of it which is very slowly dripping out at the lowest point.

It looks like an easy fix to me (assuming someone knows what they are doing and has the right tools, neither of which I qualify for LOL)simply shifting the whole thing 6+/- inches & trimming the excess that extends outside the house should clear the main support and allow the pipe to be angled correctly so it drains outside.

If anyone here thinks they might be able to help me out let me know and I'll get some photos posted so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. The basement is unfinished so there are no walls/ceiling etc to get in the way. We're in Port Monmouth, off 36 & Main.

Thanks!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you don't get any takers, you could call a plumbing/heating/air conditioning person to come make the fix. Should be a fast enough fix not to cost an arm & a leg.