• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Needreefunds' 20L Nano-prop

dasstheboss said:
are both of those big HOBs in the bakc for fuges? may i aks why u have such a big space for it when u have a sump?
Hello dasstheboss!

Yup, I initially had two modded AC110's running on the back of this one. One had chambers for: media,a heater,and then a Sapphire skimmer. The other was a fuge with rubble, sand and chaeto. Recently I added the sump and I still have the small fuge running until things seem stable. Actually I think I can remove it any time now. I have since sold the "chambered" AC110.

HTH, sorry for the confusion! ;D

Thanks for looking! ;)

medachef said:
hey... nice to see you on here too!! A fellow NR alumni. hey hows that tunze 9002 right? Was it hard to set up??
Wassup Chef?? Tunze 9010. Not hard at all. After about a two week break in period it found its stride and has been steady ever since. I love this skimmer. ;D

Some shots while I'm here :p

047-4.jpg

048-4.jpg

049-4.jpg

052-3.jpg

tring to start a new Nuke mother colony :-\
055-1.jpg

Looking awesome man you can stop by and drop some frags off if you need to make more room:p BTW I know your local when i make the new rimless 20 would you want my old 20 aio and cabinet for free? or no someone that could use it?

nice thread and pics. Early on you state that you had an outbreak after adding the sunpod and you provided pics. What is it and how did you get rid of it?

Monkfish said:
Looking awesome man you can stop by and drop some frags off if you need to make more room:p BTW I know your local when i make the new rimless 20 would you want my old 20 aio and cabinet for free? or no someone that could use it?
Wow Monk ! :eek: Those are really great offers! ::)

Seriously tho, that IS very kind of you my friend! Thanks for the offer.

I have been a fan of that tank since I first read your thread.

I appreciate the thought, I really do, but I know there is someone out there who needs it much more than I. ;)

chase33 said:
nice thread and pics. Early on you state that you had an outbreak after adding the sunpod and you provided pics. What is it and how did you get rid of it?
Thanks for checking it out. Outbreak?? Oh, the bubbles? Not certain what they were. I really didn't do anything other than ride it out and maintain water quality as best I could via water changes. Like many other blooms it just seemed to runs its coarse and go away on its own after 3 - 4 weeks or so. I had the same thing happen on my 46 bow front after switching to MH lighting. I had a mini bloom on this tank after a bulb change too. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with the ID. :-[

hey rich..
how much did the tunze run you. what do you think i would need with mostly softies, zoas, and a hammer. I got some nukes and a frag of neongreen toadie in the mail from Rottface over on Nr.com. I hear that nuke really take off uunder the right conditions so good luck on the colony. If i knew you had them, then i woulda came knocking down your door.

medachef said:
hey rich..
how much did the tunze run you. what do you think i would need with mostly softies, zoas, and a hammer. I got some nukes and a frag of neongreen toadie in the mail from Rottface over on Nr.com. I hear that nuke really take off uunder the right conditions so good luck on the colony. If i knew you had them, then i woulda came knocking down your door.
LOL, I have neon toady frags too! ;D

I got super lucky with the Tunze. About a $400 skimmer if I recall correctly. I found this on ebay. Seller said the motor was shot. I thought I'd take a chance on it and see if I could fix it. If not, a new motorblock was about $110. So I win the skimmer for like $150. Motor is beyond repair, so I pm Roger at RC and ask about parts. He says "Are you sure it's not under warranty?" I explain that while it was ( supposedly ) only a few months old, I bought it used and didn't think any warranty would be transferred. He says send it in to him, so I ship it to him. About a week later I receive a package. It's a new motor block assy. No charge. How is that for customer service?? So for $150 plus some shipping for the skimmer and then for the parts I got basically a new skimmer! For less than half the cost of new. 8)

not too bad. That's what a tunze nano skimmer goes for. Not a bad haul. i think i'll be getting my frags local from now on. freaking shipping is what hurts the most. When you frag let me know. As long as the wife isn't around it all good. hehe

medachef said:
not too bad. That's what a tunze nano skimmer goes for. Not a bad haul. i think i'll be getting my frags local from now on. freaking shipping is what hurts the most. When you frag let me know. As long as the wife isn't around it all good. hehe
I hear ya. That's why I try to save up some mad money and buy a bunch at one time to make the shipping seem more reasonable. LOL.

blackbeard said:
does the hang on filter really work well with all that coral?

I first started this tank with two modded AC110 filters on the back. The first had compartments for heater, skimmer and a rack for running media. The second was a small fuge with sand, rubble, chaeto and mangroves.

You can see them both ( sort of LOL ) here

040.jpg

I added the sump and have since sold the chambered AC110 filter. I left the second running just for added bio while the sump / fuge matured some. So this one remains, in part due to laziness, and its stuffed with rubble rock that I really don't have a place for just yet.

Here is a shot of the sump shortly after set up.

013-2.jpg

HTH and thanks for stopping by!

That frag prop tank is looking SweeT! Really Clean.. I remember photos awhile back and it being a little dirtier ;) maybe then again it was not yours. LOOKS GREAT! Really.. Hmmmmm anything in there for me :)