• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Needreefunds' NC 12 DX- 02-2007

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Scarfish said:
Nice lookin' tank Needer, I just signed up here and am glad to see another NR regular.

Welcome aboard, Scarfish! Glad you found us. If you get a chance, tell us a little about your setup.

Scarfish said:
Nice lookin' tank Needer, I just signed up here and am glad to see another NR regular.
Hey Thanks Scar!! How is that sweet Finnex of your's doing??

Very cool that you found your way over.
Like NR, some great people here, (just a bit more low key LOL ).

Please post up your tank specs when you get time, the folks here would love to see it I'm sure!

And camz28- Thanks for checkin' up on me Ralph!

Thanks John & Needreefunds, I will post my journey with my 3 week old Finnex 32 soon. Its going great! No livestock yet, maybe a cuc in 2 weeks.

Geez a bit behind on updates. Well, I lost a few zoa frags for reasons unknown once again.
Re-arranged the 'scape a bit and a new green toadstool frag from Cmaria finds a new home here.

Thanks Ciro!!

018-3.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

018-2.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

017-2.jpg

;D

JRWOHLER said:
Very nice what is the second coral up rigt above the toadstool?
Sorry JR, as you can tell I haven't been on in a while......

Believe it or not, that's a Kenya tree! After moving a frag from my 46 Bow, it slowly morphed and became this fuzzy, dainty looking softy. Pretty weird, huh? But I do think it's cool lookin. 8)

Thanks for stopping by!

CONSTANTNE said:
Nice pics!

Thanks for the update. I enjoyed seeing the progress.
Thank you!

Your welcome

And

I'm glad you enjoyed them! :D

Thanks for the kind words CONSTANTNE.

They are certainly appreciated, especially from fellow reefers!

Been a while again. Still going. After a year and a half new things are still popping out of the live rock. There are what looks like tiny clove polyps sprouting up here and there. Much too small for my lousy camera skills to capture. I have a CUC refresher pack coming in this week and some will be added to this tank. As you can see the tank is a bit hairy here and there. I am having problems with my ICA chiller and removed it today to send in to Nanotuners. It is over a year old, but they offered to check it out for me if I took care of the shipping. Good folks there, always helpful.

OK, a few pics....

You can see LPS corner here with my poor struggling Independence day micro
024-9.jpg

025-9.jpg

021-10.jpg

017-12.jpg

019-11.jpg

I don't know where the feather came from, but I am very happy it is here!
016-12.jpg

And a FTS as of today

014-12.jpg

Thanks for checking in and I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Monkfish said:
Looking awesome man:)

Thanks Bud. I'm having a blast watching you build that pico!

OK, A quick update.

So Thursday I get a call from Nanotuners. They explain that my chiller is working as designed, but the power supply seems to be heating up rapidly. They wonder if perhaps my cooling fan may be running poorly. I did not send the fan along as I reinstalled it into my hood for max cooling while the chiller itself was sent out. I told them I was not aware of any fan problems, but please send me a new one. I said please bill me if need be, I would just like to replace the fan to be sure. I wish I could have caught the name of the gentleman I spoke with. VERY pleasant and helpful. So he says sure, we can do that. . He then sort of apologetically tells me they have to charge me return shipping for my chiller. ( This I was told and understood before I sent it in ). He tells me it will be $8. I say no problem how do I pay? So we do the credit card thing and all is good.

Today I get my stuff back ( From Cali to NJ in two days?? for $8?? not bad huh? )

They sent me : My chiller assy
My old, inoperative power supply
A new universal power supply
And a new replacement fan

NO CHARGE!

I cannot say enough about Chris and his crew. Customer service at its finest.

Thanks for everything Chris and Nanotuners !

Wow, you got some really nice photos up there.. I actually really like that mushroom shot. Looking really nice. Don't use the flash though it kills the photo. All the others PRIMO! So glad NT's was able to hook you up.. Every time I call them they are great too. They just sit and chat with you like they were your best friend.. Great bunch of people. Keep up the good work and post more photos! :D

Wow, long time since I have updated here.

021-34.jpg

011-41.jpg

007-43.jpg

This is a shot of the blue Xenia when a ray of sunshine hit the side of the tank ( rare ) but it really shows
all the sparkle hidden by the PC lighting in this 'cube.

010-39.jpg

017-35.jpg

020-33.jpg

022-29.jpg

Rich tank looks good ,the blue Xenia and acans look nice .How about a full tank shot is been a while i want to see those zoos .

camz28 said:
Rich tank looks good ,the blue Xenia and acans look nice .How about a full tank shot is been a while i want to see those zoos .
Hey thanks Ralph. Not to many zoos in here anymore. After losing so many frags to a fungus last year I have lost some love for the little beauties.....but...

Here ya go anyway ;D

Here are some more sun light shots
019-32.jpg

022-27.jpg

030-17.jpg

036-15.jpg

8)