• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Neptune AC3 Help

No need to include your return pump in the configuration of the Aquacontroller. As you said it will be running all the time, no need to control it, just keep it plugged into a seperate outlet.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Reefers said:
No need to include your return pump in the configuration of the Aquacontroller. As you said it will be running all the time, no need to control it, just keep it plugged into a seperate outlet.

I agree. No need to add that potential failure.

Some people like to include their return pump so it can be shut down when you do a feed cycle through the AC3. But yeah, I don't think it's worth the risk.

i figured out how to keep it on all the time through the controller cause i do want to utilize the feed cycle but you guys definitely raise a good point. i will be running all my pumps through a dc8 has anyone got any pattern failures on these systems?

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This sample assumes RTN is the return pump, plugged into DC8 plug one.

RTN - A01

If Time > 00:00 then RTN ON

There is an advantage of putting on the AC3 if you aren't over the power limit. In my case, I monitor for a power out condition, since my DC8 is on a UPS, I can shut everything down except heat and pumps while main power is out. (One of my heaters is in the display tank)

thanks for the info. do you use the lunar simulator. if so can you explain what statement is used. i think i got it right. but i could use a reference.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
zoidberg said:
thanks for the info. do you use the lunar simulator. if so can you explain what statement is used. i think i got it right. but i could use a reference.

This code will follow the Moon rise and set per calendar:
If Moon 000/000 Then MON ON

Keep in mind this is using the Moon rise/intensity schedules built into the controller. Most people don't realize that Moon rise and set isn't the same as sun rise and set.

If you just want to turn them on or off (though you won't get intensity control this way)
If Time > XX:XX Then MON ON
If Time > XX:XX Then MON ON