• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Never hated vacations until...

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got a fish tank. I'm on my way to Georgia to see my new little niece and will be away for a week. I know I have almost everything automated with the controller, but there is always that "what if" in the back of your mind.

You always read the stories about people returning home to total tank chaos. Heater fails, skimmer goes nuts, power failure when your not home.

I hate this hobby. I used to love vacations. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I was getting my tank ready for my 2 week business trip, and I probably had everything go wrong the day before. Pump broke, RO shutoff wouldn't shut off, Ro ball valve started to leak. I've learned to do all the maintenance and checks 2-3 days prior. For me everything goes wrong the day before and I'm scrambling to fix it. I'm thankful my 10 year old is interested so most things I can talk her thru with the help of FaceTime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2