• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 120 on the way

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Well got the tank,ordered the stand and new sump.
The tank is a perfecto with a single corner overflow,stand is coming from dayton cabinet company sump is the new ETSS protein 400 with built in sump buddy skimmer I'm heading to they're shop next week in NY to pick it up.Lighting will be either a 8x80 or 10x80 T-5 HO system.Live rock for the overflow side of the tank will be drilled and mounted randomly on 1/2" sch.80 PVC this will have couplers between the layers so I can move the live rock left or right to get desired look,same for the right but bigger sized rock and I'm hoping for a multi terrece arch system in the middle.Have to work on how to make that work but we'll see what happens.Pics. will follow as this starts in a couple weeks.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have you ordered from Dayton before, Jim?

I've used them twice so far and I'm pretty happy with them. It takes awhile but it's quality stuff.

Good luck with the new setup and like Mike said...Make sure you take lots of pics!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Hey Drumz
No never ordered from dayton before but have heard alot of great things.This is going to be a big change from the 150,2 feet in length is alot of room to give up but my wife asked for something a little smaller so I will.I just hope hope I can find room for my 8+" clam in there.

what are the tank dimensions? Is it a 60 x 18 x 26? or the 4 x 2 x 2? I'd imagine either way you'd be able to fit that big clam. Or you could go out and get some wasabi. (totally joking).

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
nyfireman3097 said:
Do you have a way to pick it up ? I have a Truck if you need help
Already picked up the tank.Thank you for the offer.
phil519 said:
what are the tank dimensions? Is it a 60 x 18 x 26? or the 4 x 2 x 2? I'd imagine either way you'd be able to fit that big clam. Or you could go out and get some wasabi. (totally joking).
The tank is 4x2x2. my clam is too nice to eat has multiple heart shapes on the mantle.

Should have some pics. starting next week,I have to goto AE-TECH (ETSS) to pick up my protein 400 sump system,stand is somewhere between Tennessee and NJ.
Thanks

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Well some progress heres the tank with the Dayton stand.Sorry for the crappy pic.
Picture002.jpg

Went to AE-TECH today and let me tell you that place is AWSOME you wouldn't believe the reef tanks set up in the shop unreal...I didn't know where to look first at all the new filter systems or the reactor building rooms or the finishing rooms wish I had my camera with me. :( Gary and his guys are an awsome bunch of people,heres the filter I picked up today and since Gary takes better pics. than me I'll use his. ;)
pro400.jpg

Hopefully this weekend I can get it plumbed up and filled.

reefsandrotts said:
Should have some pics. starting next week,I have to goto AE-TECH (ETSS) to pick up my protein 400 sump system,stand is somewhere between Tennessee and NJ.
Thanks

Where is AE-Tech?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
MikeNapoli said:
reefsandrotts said:
Thanks

Where is AE-Tech?
AE-TECH is the manufacturer of ETSS they are located in Beacon NY.If you go there don't go near the blue and gold macaw thing hisses like a pit viper tried to grab my wife as she walked by..