• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 325 Build

Im liking the sump and equipment layout so far... I wish I had the room for something like that... Looking great so far!

Brian

Thanks everyone! I forgot how much work it is to set up a large tank. Lots of thinking, planning, measuring, cutting, gluing, and $$$$$$$!!!!!

Man do I feel spoiled!!! Hooked up my ATO last night! No more worrying about low water, or leaving the RO on all night!!!!!

ATO is a must have item!

I am working on an ATO for my ATO so I don't have to transfer RO water anymore. A float switch on a timmer will fill my ATO resiviour once a day. Also looking at an outomated WC that'll only require flipping some switches to perform with minimal oversight using manual switches and float switches.

Not that I am very lazy ... just a little lazy .... and very busy! ::)

I am right in Bloomingdale if you ever need a hand moving anything. Just drop me a PM.

I've been trying to figure out what to put on the bottom so the rocks don't slide. I will not put in sand, the egg crate in my 180 collects too much detritis where I can't reach, and I don't like starboard. I have come up with something that may work. I will post a pic when it is in place.

Well, this is a great idea....I think but it is not very attractive! It might take a couple of layers because it is not that strong and if I have a heavy pile of rocks I'd be afraid it would break. I've also been thinking about using pieces of starboard as a base for rock pillars.

Canopy is getting there. Instead of reflectors, I'm going to wrap the inside with Mylar film. It's supposed to be 98% reflective. I'm also thinking of using it as a background for the tank, maybe it will add some more depth.

Flash on

Flash off

Canopy

The top of the canopy is about 18" above the tank. The lights will be mounted 6-8" lower then the Maylar film. We'll see if it is enough.

OK, it all starts tonight!!! My buddy is coming over tomorrow to help with the swap. The 180 is almost ready. I removed the powerheads, cleaned out the stand and canopy. Tonight I will remove the lights and put them in the new canopy. The Tunzes need to come out. I need to do a final adjustment on the new water, temp and salinity. Get out the other 45 gal tubs to hold the rock and corals. I'll post pics of the event!!

Anyone have time to help in case my buddy can't make it???

Alright, I'm up!! Just need to clear the cobwebs and get to work.

Baxter, thanks! My buddy is coming and so is my step son. Should be enough.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you need an extra hand after 12, send me a PM with your address.

Still going!!!! Have to do drain lines, put lights in, fill with water, put livestock back in, and powerheads in. Should be done by 12.

Tank is 80% full and livestock is in. Ofcourse things didn't go as planned and the water got cold. Hopefully I won't lose anything!!!

180 empty!! Man, does it stink!!

New tank in place

Filling

Still alot of work ahead!!!