• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New addition ... the most adorable fish ever - Horn Nosed Cowfish

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Bubbles.
IMG_2206.JPG
Over the weekend I visited a small tropical fish store in Baltimore. They had the most unique collection of saltwater creatures, including an octopus, sting rays, sharks ... etc. In one of the tanks there were 5 of the most adorable tiny fish with personalities to die for. The employees had no idea what kind of fish this is, where it came from and what to charge for it. After playing hide and seek with them for an hour, I decided to take one home. I always wanted to try a boxfish but was afraid to order online since there is no guarantee on them.
There is a very little info on google about this particular one. I was able to find that this is Horn Nosed Cowfish. He is very fun to watch (no need for TV in the house) like a puppy following everyone. He took food the very next day, found tang's veggie clip and nips on it all day long.
He floats on the top of the tank (looks like a bubble). One of the articles I found says that he might jump. I hope not, since I have an open reef tank. So far he ignored the maroons, just watches them from the top. I hope he will stay away from anemone.
Does anyone has any experience with this fish? I wonder how fast he will be growing. I have a 65gal, I am sure will have to find a new home for him at one point.