• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Clam

IMG_3499.jpg

I placed this on my LR yesterday and thought it had tilted over a little and wanted to set it again - and to my surprise - it was completely locked in. :)

Love it - as always - great healthy and sweet deal. It is a rare clam that looks nice from above AND from the side!

Now I need to move that frag over on the right...
Taz wish me luck. I have had bad luck with clams recently and am hoping my troubles are over now that i am on T5 lighting.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks nice Hawk, I got one myself today. I went to the frag swap at Mr coral and got one for free. Trying to find the right smaller piece of rock right now to put him on so I can move it when it attaches....Wish ME luck, He's so tiny compared to what I was used to! LOL

Ive been dying for another clam but theyre kinda expensive. I had a derasa for about 6 months but didnt make it. :) I also heard below 2.5" theyre tough to keep alive, dosing phyto supposedly helps. Any tips?

chuck116 said:
Nice clam and nice frag next to it , what is it ?

Chuck & Anna Maria

Thanks! - not 100% sure but was told it is a purple bonsai type coral. It was from a tank break-down of a former NJRC member (mike napoli). It's the only coral in my tank that did well under LEDs. The frag started with 3 polyps or so maybe a year ago or so.

That coral looks like a tricolor. I have the same thing like that in my tank. Its growing very wide instead of tall? Kinda really spread out. I dont know where i got it. Might be a piece of somethin that broke off in my tank.

Audi0s said:
Ive been dying for another clam but theyre kinda expensive. I had a derasa for about 6 months but didnt make it. :) I also heard below 2.5" theyre tough to keep alive, dosing phyto supposedly helps. Any tips?

I have had good success following those two tips to be honest. If you can find out before you buy the clam what light it was under it will help.