• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"New" clownfish being released at macna 2015

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Definitely different. There have been a few pictures released for a little while now. I believe there is a longfin Darwin as well. If I remember correctly they originally "showed up" from sea and reef.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kind of looks to me like someone photoshopped a pic of a normal percula. :beguiled:

Not saying there aren't any clowns that are truly like that, but that pick looks doctored to me.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
They are real, I have some pics of it I will post when I get home. Thy are interesting. The captive raised personatus angel was the real star of the show. Really fun event, be excited for our swap, a lot of vendors are bringing heat

They are real, I have some pics of it I will post when I get home. Thy are interesting. The captive raised personatus angel was the real star of the show. Really fun event, be excited for our swap, a lot of vendors are bringing heat

+1

we also saw lightening maroon f2a clowns, which were surprisingly pretty. As mike said, captive bred masked angels stole the show :)
also present were captive bred cuttlefish, clarion angel, and tell other angels from Rising Tide.

Can't say I like designer clowns but it is exciting that breeding marine fish has progressed so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't care for man fidging and manipulating genetics of any species. It's an abomination what they have done with the dog breeds. The inbreeding has created a veterinarian's cash cow, and dogs that suffer from multiple complications.

Give me what nature made and I'm happy.

This is a naturally occurring genetic anomaly.

I talked to to matt c from sustainable about it, this is not something he strived to create or tryed too.

They can not be housed with regular clownfish with normal fins, their swimming is impeded and they are a easy target for getting picked on. Even together I assume two would long term pick on each other. I personally don't think they should be available to general public because most people will try to pair them with another clown and watch one get picked on endlessly. Even in grow out I believe he has to separate them cause of their impediment.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
photo46_zps9c9ba684.jpg

photo310_zps261fb9d7.jpg

photo215_zpsa70304b4.jpg

photo114_zps7ca019e4.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Pics from MACNA, they were not for sale. From what I was told, they will be for sale next. year. As you can see they had them in this little container at the surface of the water so it was easy to take pics (just my cellphone). Pretty cool, but I was more impressed with the F2 lightning maroons.