• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Committees Needed- Frag Swap, Christmas Party, Newsletter, Web-site Redesign

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The BOD is looking to start-up this committees by mid Sept.

I will assign one BOD member to chair each committee, However, most of the work must be performed by the members with the BOD providing overall guidance.

As promised, these initiatives will be made available by the BOD but it will be driven by the members....
Democracy all the way....

Please list your name and your committee of choice. we will limit each one to 6-7 per committee.

@trio91 @njtiger24 aquariums @myrjon @julie @Mark_C

Last edited:

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
I would love to help with the frag swap, but I would need to understand the time commitment expected.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to help with the frag swap, but I would need to understand the time commitment expected.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
All these comittees will be member driven so once they have been formed, that should be part of the discussion.

So basically you guys will lay out the foundation and we the BOD will put it into action. For ex., it's late in the year so any planning for this will more than likely be for 2019

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Can you give some info on what is involved with frag swap, Christmas party and web design?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Frag Swap

Like it sounds, we're kicking around the idea of putting one of these together. In its simplest form, we get a location, solicit vendors (for a fee) and market the heck out of it

Christmas Party
We wanna give back to the members this year. This is very much open to ideas, themes etc. A centralized location will be needed along with catering options, raffle/xmas gifts etc

Web Design
Our site needs a face lift. We're looking for options and ideas on what it should look like, how it should operate, features etc. If its something we can't do in house, we will need to source outside options.

Last edited:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Frag Swap

Like it sounds, we're kicking around the idea of putting one of these together. In its simplest form, we get a location, solicit vendors (for a fee) and market the heck out of it

Christmas Party
We wanna give back to the members this year. This idea is very much open to ideas, themes etc. A centrilzed location will be needed along with catering options, raffle/xmas gifts etc

Web Design
Our site needs a face lift. We're looking for options and ideas on what it should look like, how it should operate, features etc. If its something we can't do in house, we will need to source outside options.

What MR. VP said

I could potentially help with the website (graphics) - been a long long time since I've touched html, php, java etc. As well I've done plenty of event planning in my early professional days (company wide conferences etc) so that can fit into xmax/frag swap help. Just let me know where help is most needed.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is there a limit to how many committees someone can be on?

Interested in frag swap and holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I could help with the newsletter. Any clues what BOD is looking for? I can probably help with Christmas Party if needed.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a limit to how many committees someone can be on?

Interested in frag swap and holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For now, we are looking to form the initial committees. After they are "set", we can reach out to members of others are in need of more assistance.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Bump

If we are going to run some of these, we will need to start working on them in the near future.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
For now, the Frag Swap comittee has the most volunteers so we can set that one up if folks are still eager to participate.

I am not the chair of that committee but I can provide assistance if needed.