• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Hi Tech pH meter & Probe from Hanna

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hanna meters were the worst thing that happened to our hobby. I mean to do a test for PO4 I had to spend my life cleaning the vials? You kidding me?
They suck3d then they do now. What a scam.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Oh and I did not even bother to check what it was b4 I responded. They want $359 for a pH meter? WHAT?????
PH has to be the most useless stats to ever measure. If your alk is under control who cares for PH.

WTF? Sorry - just ranting. Why is this hobby dealing in diamonds? $359 to measure my pH - WOW. F that.

Guess you can see smoke coming of my ears :D

horseplay

NJRC Member
When it comes to the price of scientific instrument, sky is the limit. After years of reefing, I realized measuring too much can be detrimental. Everything is not just a number.

Hanna meters were the worst thing that happened to our hobby. I mean to do a test for PO4 I had to spend my life cleaning the vials? You kidding me?
They suck3d then they do now. What a scam.
Wow sorry you had much trouble with hanna. Since I'm partially color blind I find it very difficult using the color titration kits - api, red sea etc..
- I started using the hanna 'checker' digital reading kits several yrs. ago and never had a problem with accurate results. Love them and will always use them - alk, ammonia, nitrite, etc... I know they're pretty reliable because I had a friend that use to work for Fisher Scientific a couple of years ago and tested my aquarium water at his lab with laboratory grade testing equipment ( worth 1k-3k) and the results were very close to what the hanna checkers showed.