• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Hood Pics

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've only been working on this hood for 3 months now, lol, but here is the current state of it. We need to do some bracing, stain it, paint the inside and install the lights Hopefully that won't take as long as the first part has taken. I think the scariest part was getting ready to make that diagonal cut. That was definitely the hardest part and the line on the right needs a little help (of course that's the side you see from the bulk of the room, *sigh*). I think a bit of sanding will make it look ok though (that and staining it).

P7113111.jpg

P7133112.jpg

A couple of pics with the hood in place:
P7143117.jpg

P7143118.jpg

momof6kids

NJRC Member
very nice Phyl. Someday when I upgrade to MH I will have to make one too. Let me know what NOT to do. I am not too proud to learn from the mistakes of others, I make way too many on my own.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Would have helped had I checked to make sure those pics all worked! D'oh!

The one thing that was a major oops was that we fashioned it after our current hood. When we did that the top piece was recessed from the moulding around the top edge. The piano hinge wouldn't mount properly that way so we ended up adding a second sheet of luan to the top so that the top of the canopy was in line with the top of the moulding.

Also the hinge has to be raised up above the seam when you screw it in or else it binds when it closes (helps if there aren't screws under the front edge also, lol).

Cut the side that nobody's going to see first, haha. I should really know better....