• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New JBJ 28!!

i am planning on taking everything from

http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=13275.0

and putting it in the jbj.

should i put in the koralias for more flow?

I want to keep a pair of Australian Black clowns and i was wondering if there will be enough room for maybe an anemone that the clowns can host? since anemones move around alot, is it safer to get a frogspawn?

there isnt enough room in my hex for one.. hex vs cube, the cube will have alot more area. the hex is 29 gals, the cube is 28 gals...IDK!!

what do all u master reef keepers think?

I have a 24g nanocube and I have an anemone in it. Once it found "its spot" it didnt move at all. As for the 28 gallon I looked at that one before I got the 24g. The cons I found with the 28 were the requirement (JBJ doesnt say so) of a chiller. My buddy has a 28g HQI and witht he hood being closed the heat from the MH bulb bakes inside the tank. The design is definitely better on the 28g with the chambers in the back being outside of the hood, when I had the hood on mine I had to open it all the way to access the chambers. I ended up getting a 24g and a set of current T5's for it. I think my tank is leaps and bounds better then my friends with the HQI but it is preference. He spent a lot more money on it also. Just my $.02

I have a JBJ 28 HQI , I use a chiller on it,I have a pair of clowns and a rose Bubble tip witch is getting to big and might have to go soon.
Great tank
very happy with it

Jason

hmm soowha should i do about the koralias and the anemone with zoos? i got a chiller with the tank from someone but he said its fried or something..

I added a koralia 1 to my nano and it seems to work perfect. As for the anemone I have mine on a seperate rock away from all of my other corals and it has statyed put for the most part. I guess it comes down to is it worth the money for 4 extra gallons. The 24 gallon and stand are very cheap and the light fixture I got is also not too bad. I think all that total is less then just the cost of the 28 HQI without the chiller, which I think is definitely needed

premilove said:
hmm soowha should i do about the koralias and the anemone with zoos? i got a chiller with the tank from someone but he said its fried or something..

I have two Koralia 1s in my tank
The anemone is your choice he wii get bigger and have to be removed later on

Jason