• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new member-my 27 gallon cube journey

hey everyone, so im new to nj reefers but not new to reefing. ive had a few tanks over the past 5 years or so, but my newest obsession is the 27 gallon cube i set up in my office at work. i honestly cont stop staring at it haha. so here it is for your viewing pleasure.Dance

Specs

-Marineland 27 gallon cube
-2 vortech mp10's (one used as a surface skimmer/AIO filter box type deal)
-aquaclear mini skimmer
-3 Nano customs par38 led lights on goose necks

with the exception of the tank i had everything already from past tanks so setup was cheap:beguiled:

the wet stuff
-44 lbs of dry rock(18 lbs from reef cleaners, and a big 26lb awesome hunk of a rock centerpiece from ACC)
-about 3lbs of live rock from previous pico setup
-35lbs of sand

Livestock thus far
-two occ clowns(bert and ernie-the live together and may be lovers);)
-various zoas and palys
-a ricordea yuma
-Hammer coral which hosts the clowns
-some type of green acro
-emerald crab
-various snails and hermits

As you can see from the list, i dont have much in the way of corals...that will hopefully change soon-want it full!!!

tank10.jpg
obligatory cloudy tank pic

tank7.jpg
tank8.jpg
tank9.jpg
new tank 5.jpg
new tank 1.jpg
new tank 2.jpg
tank6.jpg
old tank.jpg
this is the pico before they all got an upgrade, unfortunately lost almost all of this to the battle of dinos

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome, and great start to a tank thread. Tank looks very nice.

wanted to show how awesome and big this rock is that i got from ACC

rock1.jpg
normally a banana is best for scale but sunglasses will have to do
rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg
really cool features with this rock, old barnacles, some embedded shells and some other cool stuff

picked up some new zoas and palys on friday top one may be purple hornets, or could be blue hornets, bottom ones im not sure of the name, desert storm PE perhaps??? any thoughtscoral2.jpg
coral1.jpg

some new updates and pics

went to "acro mania" at ACC on tuesday and picked up some new sps pieces. these were maricultured and are realy nice if i do say so myself. i bought them as two mini colonies/frags but broke them up into 4 total pieces and spread them throughout the tank. Ive also picked up a few others along the way

new items i picked up:
red mili
blue mili
tequila sunrise ili
purple bonsai

the purple bonsai came with a crab friend, but he ended up being a pest species so unfortunately he had to go.
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg1.jpg

I also picked up a new yellow pygmy angle-havent named him yet though, an ideas???:grin: