• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New new 40 breed

I added this new coral recovery/ acclimation rack, the back corner. It’s a low flow, moderately low light area. There is a bit of shade there due to return tubing. The big lobo is healthy, but I just can’t find place for it. I might be looking to trade it b/c I have had it for years, and can’t seem to find a good spot for it.

Night photo of candy cane. A head is finally splitting. I had this for a year and a half. It stated as 5 head, and it didn’t do well for a long time. Its down to 2 heads, and a speck left of a 3rd. But now it’s splitting, and I will soon have a lot. I think I finally got my nutrients up enough for LPS. The SPS is also even happier too. C7B79AD7-717F-4C69-B34D-FE2DC7D283DA.jpeg

I added a small orange passion acro frag today. Been wanting one for a while. I am going to grow it out in my sump until it ready to frag, and then add a piece to the display tank.

Sounds great David, post a pic of that orange passion. :)
It’s very little, and as an acro, it going to take a little time to color up after albeit relocated. As soon as i get decent color up and polyp extension, I’ll get a picture or 2.

Sounds great David, post a pic of that orange passion. :)
I managed to get a reasonable picture. I will follow up in a few weeks it really colors up. It’s behind the monti that i added last week.

Attachments

• 957777D3-9DAD-44B0-9FA3-9E8955316B69.jpeg
    957777D3-9DAD-44B0-9FA3-9E8955316B69.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 7
I bought one of those hydor Rotating rotating attachments for the power head, in my sump frag section. It has a little turbine, that drive a gear system, that rotates the head to spread out flow. I thought it might be problematic, due to baby snails and such Jamming the mechanism. It was cheap enough, so I gave it a try. It has been turning reliably for the few weeks I’ve had it. I’m happy with the intermittent blasts of flow on the frags.

I bought one of those hydor Rotating rotating attachments for the power head, in my sump frag section. It has a little turbine, that drive a gear system, that rotates the head to spread out flow. I thought it might be problematic, due to baby snails and such Jamming the mechanism. It was cheap enough, so I gave it a try. It has been turning reliably for the few weeks I’ve had it. I’m happy with the intermittent blasts of flow on the frags.
Great to know. I have been thinking about getting same thing

This frag just got pushed out by the pistol shrimp. It must have been missing for a while. I don’t remember it. I think it has some live polyps. I put it down in the sump for recovery.29DB7CBF-21EE-4D68-9C8B-0A9FFEC0EABA.jpegto w

So I set up the frag chamber in my unused refuge. It had rock and rubble in there, and was previously no lighted. I had a bad alga bloom, that did not effect the dust tank. It is starting to go away. The algae never grew on any coral, but probably grew close enough to cause them some discomfort. Noticed sps are not fully open. Figured out calcium is low. Turned up the doser.