• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Potter's getting nervous

as I'm sure you all know, Potter's Angels have hit the stores recently. I have basically built my tank in hopes of one day keeping one. Tank is a 90 gallon fowler running for about 13 months...water is great. Only 3 other tank mates. Yellow Tang, Kole Tang, and a Flame hawk. Anway, had a LFS keep an angel for a week before I took him home. He looked great. I brought him home Friday. I kept lighting to a minimum to reduce stress. Left the lights on normal cycle ont tuesday. He has been eating pretty good. (Frozen Meat blend, I forget specifics) Last night I noticed a slight fog in one of his eyes. He ate. Can this clear up on its own. I reduced light again. Any suggestions. I can move him to another tank and treat him???? I really do not want to lose him, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Angels are notorious for pop eye/cloudy eye. I think if you take him out and treat him with MaracynII for 5-7 days you should notice an improvment.

I nursed my watanabe angel back to health this way.

Mike's recommendation is on target.

You should always quarantine first. It gives the fish a chance to build up strength. Pygmy Angels in particular should have some well established live rock to graze on in the QT tank. See if you can get some Ocean Nutrition Pygmy Angel frozen food.