• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New print on ge silicone tube? Silicone curing?

I know the old silicone 1 was reef safe, but i noticed they changed their tube. All the stuff printed on it seems the same. Is it still ok to use? Also, how long are people letting this silicone cure before they expose it to their tank? In the mid of building a sump so i was curious.

R

reseter5

I can tell you from experience that the ge silicone shrinks. I use and always will use
Cr laurence clear aquarium silicone. I think that's the spelling. I used to get it when I was in the glass business. Check it out. Its great stuff. But the ge does work. I have used it as well. As long as it says 100% silicone you should be fine. Just let it cure completely

After using the wrong GE silicon(my fault) :mad: and having to redo a sump that was already under a stand I now only use aquarium silicone. I know the right GE is ok but for a few dollars extra I will never have to bend under a stand,break out baffles and rebuild again .

qwik said:
After using the wrong GE silicon(my fault) :mad: and having to redo a sump that was already under a stand I now only use aquarium silicone. I know the right GE is ok but for a few dollars extra I will never have to bend under a stand,break out baffles and rebuild again .

Yeah i think like you, Might just buy 2 tubes of it and spend the extra 15 dollars to ensure a problem free future