• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New project needing funding. Regarding AFEW

If it can be verified legit, the club should make a modest donation. And then follow its progress.

Maybe you guys could vote on it at the meeting.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for sharing that Pete.

Mark, I agree with you too. Our club has already promised $6000 in donations that will be delivered by mid-December. If, at that time, the club still has substantial funds available for normal operation... we will look into donating to this cause too.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think this is interesting stuff and obviously good science. She (screen name: tektite) has posted some of her findings over on R2R HERE.

However, I’m bothered by her relatively high travel budget. It almost seems like a means for these two to fund their travel back and forth between Canada and Texas. A whole bunch for travel…a little for the science. There is this new-fangled means of communicating….it’s called the internet. Again, looks like good stuff, but the travel costs bother me.