• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Protein Skimmer

Im looking to invest in a new skimmer. I have the Rio Nano Skimmer now, but its a pain because it always stops working when I loose a little bit a water. I really think its time for an upgrade anyway. I was wondering what some good options anyone could suggest. I found a Seaclone 100 and a Typhoon one but that one got wierd reviews. I have a 30 gallon tank and I will pretty much have softies in the tank once I do my big water change. So any suggestions about a new skimmer would help :)

Seaclone is awful but it will do ok in a 30G. Don't buy it unless it's under $30 (basically price of a maxi-jet 1200 or phosban reactor which it actually can be used for).

Let me suggest once more...take your time and research. I am guesing you will get a suggestion of the Octopus.
Look through this website ... it is our group buy in January I would think you can get a good deal here.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...ct_Code=CV-OCT-BH-100SS&Category_Code=Octopus

You don't have a sump so there are less choices but your tank isn't all that large so for instance the above Hang on Back HOB skimmer is good sized. Not too expensive. If you think it is expensive check out the Bubble King skimmers ;).
CPR makes a hang on skimmer.

i'm upgrading my tank, so i'll be selling my octopus bh-100f skimmer, would be great for your 30, it has the pump that is internal so there is no pump hanging in the tank, nice clean look...

I have a coralife 125 for my 46g and it skims pretty good. I am looking to upgrade it so if you want it I can give it up at a killer price

REEFLECTIONS said:
i'm upgrading my tank, so i'll be selling my octopus bh-100f skimmer, would be great for your 30, it has the pump that is internal so there is no pump hanging in the tank, nice clean look...

It has the pump mounted under the skimmer body? What size tank did you have it on? How old is it? Is it hard to adjust?
Just asking for Ryan so he can make a good decision. :)

the pump is inside the skimmer body, there is NO adjusting... i have it on a 75g, i think it's a little undersized for the 75g with tons of bioload, but would be3 phenominal on a smaller system...

Cool thanks for the info I found it on another site...the bigger one is mounted under.
Again just trying to help him out. :)