• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New tank set-up Complete minus aquascaping

Re: New tank set-up Please check back for questions I have?

This is where I'm at. Being I need the wall where the existing tank is I transferred most of the water, my tunze, heater, the rock, fishies, and corals into the new tank which is now a holding tank. I moved the old tank out and need to do some plastering and painting. After that's complete it's a quick jump back into the old tank. Everything seems content so far although my anemone looks a bit stressed and probably will be without light this day.
233_12_03_07_10_43_09_0.JPG

C

concept3

Looks good Francis

No one's got back to me about the glass yet. It seems like they have better things to do than sell me a piece of 60" X 3" X 1/2" piece of glass......still waiting!

C

concept3

how's the patching coming along? I remember seeing that huge salt splat on the bottom- It may be easier to carve a small chunk out of that sheetrock and replace it with new sheetrock and patch, LOL.

Is Carol mad at the mess yet? Mine was. For 3 whole months!

The infamous wall
233_13_03_07_8_44_51_0.JPG

What it looks like now
233_13_03_07_8_44_51_1.JPG

I'm here now 8)
233_13_03_07_8_44_51_2.JPG

As far as my wife is concerned, I think she set me up to use this as grounds for divorce ;D

I still need to hang my lights, I was previously using 2 4x4s as support for bringing them up and taking them down, due to the wider tank they are to small so it's off to Lowes once again.

C

concept3

Francis, that light spot of oak under the middle is buggin the heck out of me. Must be a spot where the wood conditioner didn't hit. I gotta come by one of these days and re-tuch that up! (Merv- don't forget the silicone and Caulk gun as well)