• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to hobby. 10 gal reef tank.

Started up my tank in early January. I have a 10 gal display, 4 gal sump, with 10 lbs live rock up top and a few lbs in the sump. Stocking is 2 occelaris, pistol shrimp and Nass snails. Sadly I just lost my yellow watchman goby. realy cool fish, I will be getting another. I think it was a habitat issue. I have since put spacers under the live rock to create more room for dugouts. Also have a few frags. Zoanthids, green star Polips, and a frog spawn (I think is a frogspawn, could be a torch) when I bought it the guy thought it was hammer corral, but it deffinaltely not. Just wanted to introduce myself to the nano reef guys. I'm from the north jersey Bergen county area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hard to say for sure, you may need to let it grow a bit more for a definite ID. If I had to guess now I would say torch.

I have a hob filter with no media. Just circulates water for the most part. I occasionally put a filter pad in. My light is a 18" current marine led, max intensity 80% for 8 hrs. 0.5 he ramp up/ ramp down. The return pump from the sump if about 250 gpm @ the lift its at. There is a bubble Magic QQ1 hob protein skimmer in the sump, that skims about half the time. Makes about 3/4 to 1" of skimate a weak in the cup. I have about a 2.5 to 3" deep sand bed.