• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS
so I have a 40b I am using as a QT. A few weeks back I picked up a fair amount of rock Covered top to bottom in all sorts of algae (it is now algae free... gooooo tuxedo urchin). And assorted corals and anemones. In addition I took one royal grama that I agreed to hold and give to someone else as I already have one.
Fast forward to two days ago and I decide to move one of the rocks with a monti and a Nem on it to the display tank.
I take out the rock and carefully inspect it for Five maybe ten minutes looking for any pests. Take it from the basement and put on a towel on the kitchen table while I proceed to move a few corals in the DT to make room for this rather large rock. After maybe another 5 or 10 minutes I put the rock in the tank and play with it till I get it to sit properly. Fast forward again to today and Mrs Sponge calls and asks when did we get two Gramas. I let her know the other one is going to someone else because if I put them in the same tank they won’t get along. Well riddle me this Batman. HOW THE HECK DOES A FISH HITCHHIKE ON A ROCK.
Apparently don’t ask me to look for pests. If I can’t see a fish on a rock. How am I suppose to find any of the tiny creatures the I’m looking for. I just can’t wrap my head around this one. It seams completely impossible but I swear it happened. And now I have NO idea how I am going to catch it.
Lol. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You laugh. That’s Katie’s fish. She won’t feed us anymore if I can’t catch that bugger
Better catch him.... this awaits you..... yummy yummy! Mofongitos! Lol
06886b1dfec4a4fdb86690b465ebb0d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ok all. Time to talk kalk-stirrer. New/used I’m good either way. We are dealing with approx 400 gallons of system water and things are real stable and doing well. Time for a stirrer. What do you all recommend. As far as size, brand, type, I have seen them with motor on top and a long stir stick and with magnetic base stirrers. You never steer me wrong so post post post. I will not be using it with the ATO. I have a dosing pump so will utilize it. If anyone has a GOOD one they want to get rid of. Let me know. But for now. What’s the best for my size system.