• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newbe!

Hello all,
I just registered and wanted to say hello! I'm new to the forum but not the hobby. I've had freshwater for 30yrs and switched to marine about 4 yrs ago. My current setups are (1) a 55gal FOWLR that has the following stock:
A Snowflake Morey (~18")
A Volitan Lion (~6")
A Yellow Tang (~5")
A Dogface (plain brown ~6")
A Speckled Hawk (~5")
A Clown Trigger (~3.5")

The second setup is a 36Gal bowfront reef that I just tarted about 5 months ago. It have a cleanup crew, a black spiny urchin, a sallylight foot and an arrow crab. Just starting with corals. Frags so far are:
A Green Torch Coral (4 heads - two splitting)
A Hammer about 2" single head
A Frogspawn about 1" single head
A Button Polyp with about 25 polyps.

In the planning stages:
A used 80Gal with a 20Gal sump. Currently saving up for better lighting and larger live rock purchase ($$$-ouch!) Not sure when the setup will start?

I'll post pics when I get a chance if anyone is interested?
:) ;D :)

Welcome aboard!!!

4.gif

Your setup sounds really sweet....

And yes! Post those pictures!

OK- that worked! So here are a few more (I need to get better at taking pics!)
TankShots014.jpg

TankShots013.jpg

Redleg2.jpg

FeatherDuster1.jpg

When I get some better ones I'll post them.

Welcome to the club Sandry75. Where in NJ are you located, North, Central, South? Be sure to make the meetings in your area they're a lot of fun and someone is always selling frags. Also don't forget to check out the For Sale Forum for cheap upgrades on used equipment or the Group Buys Forum for discounts from online retailers.

Jeff

Thanks for the welcome all !

I'm located in Northern NJ (Hopatcong). I'll keep my eyes open for meetings and sales. I'm lookin to upgrade from my 55gal to a 90 reef soon so I'll likely need some frags and equipment. ;D