• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newbie???

go into your profile and change it in the personal text area. you will have to put your password in at the top for this action to change.

Tracey

It's based on how many posts you've made... But maybe we should choose more fishy titles for the levels? Hmmm, the choices, the choices:

How about:
0-50: Small frag
50-100: Large frag
100-250: Small Colony
250-500: Large Colony
500+: Unspoiled Reef

;D ;D ;D

Sounds like fun to me! At RC the term newbie is reserved for someone that just started in the hobby. Those are the ones we treat with kid gloves. (and save the lead pipes for the older guys ;D)
Boris.

I would actually like to see location and occupation information displayed. Location so when you offer to help someone with their setup you know beforehand if you have a 10 minute or 3 hour drive ahead. Occupation because a member may have expertise in a field related to a thread topic. Giving that persons reply a little more weight.
The titles really serve no purpose IMO. Posts counts are good sometimes to help one spot a possible troll.

Oh I have question that pertains to titles. Why am I a llama. I'm not sure if being a llama is a good thing or bad. I've seen llamas at the zoo. The smell and eat like pigs. Is someone trying to tell me something.

Okay I figured out why I'm a llama. It's the default personalized text. Whew, I feel a little better now. To be on the safe side I think I'll take a shower and I'm only going to have a salad for dinner. ;D

I have a request....considering I'm somewhat of a newbie, and definately new to the NJ group, would it be possible to include everyones names on their posts. I'd be so embarrased to go pick up a frag or something and only know they persons screen ID ! lol

<Shilo steps up to the podium...clears her throat and says," Hello, my name is Shilo and I'm a reef freak !"> lol

Shilo, good suggestion. I have added my name to my signature as you can see. It would be great if everyone follows suit. If you ever been to a meeting trying to match screennames and actuals can be a real chore then trying to remember them all afterwords is next to impossible for me.