• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newest fish

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just made my first ever online fish order this week. I got this guy from Mike at NYAquatic. Been looking for one for a while now and finally took the plunge.

frags015.jpg

frags013.jpg

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks guys. I'll try for mor pics this weeknd. Lights are out for him already.

Tom it was listed as a sargassum angler (Histrio histrio) but I have come to believe that it is more likely a striated angler ( Antennarius striatus ).

Frank over at Animal Kingdom had one last weekend when I stopped in.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like you have him in you're reef tank. Is that OK? Does he pick on corals or does he just eat other show fish?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mikem said:
Looks like you have him in you're reef tank. Is that OK? Does he pick on corals or does he just eat other show fish?

He's in his own tank. I do have a few small frags in with him and some macros but no other fish. I added a few grass shrimp but don't expect them to live long. This guy has been know to eat a 4 inch dwarf lion in one gulp. Anglers in general will at anything they think they can even if it is slightly larger than themselves. I may stop at the LFS tomorrow and get him a damsel or 2 to play with. :D

Posted on: Today at 09:28:35 PMPosted by: ReefDrumz

Sweet!! Is he working that little "lure"?
Thanks Brian. He's working it like a cheap ***** in the city.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mikem said:
And is he poisonous?

Nope, not posionus at all. You're thinking of the scorpion fishes which are somewhat similiar in body shape but have venomous dorsal spines.

cool, hey don't laugh but my son went to Frank today for a job.... I told him he's better off going to Steve for a job (better for me)or at least experience.

PS
Faith said thank you for the egg ??? :)