• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nice Wrasse for a 55gal? Anthais question? <---Dunno how to spell that

What would be a nice wrasse for a 55gal reef? Hopefully one that is pretty docile in annoying the shrimp and such. Also one with vibrant color? Hopefully an active species through your experiences. In the tank are two clowns atm.

I got another question about Anthais( Dunno how to spell that), what is the minimum tank size for lets say a Lyretail Anthias, Purple Queen, or um...a Bartlett's?

Thanks

Sixline wrasse is an option.

Bartlett anthias can be kept in small tank.

I would avoid Purple Queen anthias they are extremely hard to feed.

HTH

Doug

No Tierra Anthias are different in coloration, easier to acclimate to tank, they are very docile.

I had them but my evil damsels and black clowns harassed them to death in my 125 FOWLR. :mad:

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Try a leopard wrasse. I have one it usually visible and it's very docile.

Bob

magic said:
Try a leopard wrasse. I have one it usually visible and it's very docile.

Bob

Bob my leopard is the first to wake up but it's also the first to go to bed. He's only out for a few hours a day. Very odd. But I agree, very docile and really cool looking.

My yellow corris wrasse is awesome too. For a common, cheap wrasse .. he catches alot of attention. Easily the brightest fish i've ever had.

Six- line or lunar wrasse are good options!!!
Lunar grow larger but are still great for your size tank!!!
I have them both and they do grab some attention even from my Large clown and med sized panther grouper!!!

tbone212371 said:
Six- line or lunar wrasse are good options!!!
Lunar grow larger but are still great for your size tank!!!
I have them both and they do grab some attention even from my Large clown and med sized panther grouper!!!

The problem with the lunare is that they are SUPER aggressive when they get larger. Alpha-male style aggression. Any invert is also pretty much dead with a full sized lunare.

You certainly couldn't keep them and any anthias together...