• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJ Reefers Photography...

Ever wonder how many people in this club have gotten into photography because of the pictures posted on here?

I've never done more than PHD with cameras (Push Here Dummy) until joining the club. The photos that get posted are truly amazing, there is some real talent in this club. Now I pay much more attention to things, other than just what's in the frame, and really try for better quality picures.

You guys have passed along another hobby for us. Keep up with the great tips from the resident experts too!

Thanks. ;)

malulu

NJRC Member
oh,

if you find a good/cheap macro camera, please let me know...

i am thinking to get the Canon S3 (which have Super Macro) for fish tank related
and then get a regular pocket size for other purpose

malulu said:
oh,

if you find a good/cheap macro camera, please let me know...

i am thinking to get the Canon S3 (which have Super Macro) for fish tank related
and then get a regular pocket size for other purpose

Cheap and Good would be really nice. Here's a thread my husband put up asking for some input in that area... http://www.njreefers.org/forums/index.php/topic,2405.0.html

My Brother in Law is big into photography and was over this weekend. He said the one that Scott was looking at was the best you could get w/o getting into SLR's. (I think he put it in that thread) We're not into it enough to know more yet. Watch though, this will turn out like reef keeping...need a bigger camera in no time. *sigh* ::)

"i see what u mean Sarah" :)

11-11-06-11.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nothing compares to an SLR. I tried going the route of "the best of the best" as far as the high end non-SLRs. That didn't work for me. Save yourself some money in the long run and get a D40 and one decent/versatile lens for it.

Nice eye, 68!

LOL! Nice shot Steve...how on earth did you get that?

Point taken Phyl. Perhaps Scott can bend your ear just a little at the meeting on Saturday. You know, in all that spare time you'll have. ;D

Sorcha said:

Thanks Sarah.
u can say i was waiting for the right shot, somtimes i just sit there & wait
for the perfect shot it doesn't all ways happend but sometimes u get lucky.

Phyl someone is all ways watching :p

Thanks Tom, i dont know why but i love taking pictures of eyes.

steve68 said:
Sorcha said:

Thanks Sarah.
u can say i was waiting for the right shot, somtimes i just sit there & wait
for the perfect shot it doesn't all ways happend but sometimes u get lucky.

Phyl someone is all ways watching :p

Thanks Tom, i dont know why but i love taking pictures of eyes.

Sit there and wait........ Kinda like fishing?