• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJRC Club Card

Good morning all. I suppose this is a question for the board but perhaps other would like to know. When I first joined NJRC. Mrs. Sponge and I clicked on a link on this site that said something like... print your official club card. And we did. And I have them. I am aware that for some reason, Sponsors and stores don’t recognize them for anything like a 10% discount or anything but that’s a discussion for another time. The question is my card is a little ruff around the edges (to much time in my wallet) and I went to print a new one. Low and behold. I can’t find it on the site anymore. Is this no longer a feature :apologetic: Or do I just not see it:)A4B77025-2FD4-44E4-8B5F-FD0BBF6BB8D9.jpeg

Can anyone provide a list of who does vendor discounts with the membership? I don't think I've encountered any.. thanks!

**Edit from initial post
Going to try to compile a list based on the comments below, correct me accordingly.

Per ecam
Salgado Aquatics
Dynamic tanks
10% off for club members

Per Jeremy Brito
Major league exotic
15% off for club members

Last edited:
If it provides a discount put that bad boy back up !
Hahaha. Presently. It does not (I have tried hahaha) but it absolutely should!!! As a business man, it amazes me that a vender doesn’t see the unbelievable resource they have here. If I had a forum for my line of work where my customers quite literally gathered to talk, discuss, view share and purchase the only product I sell to a niche market. You couldn’t hold me back with a team off horses to offer them a way to receive a discount and use my services. Think about it, every store on the planet has some sort of card or loyalty program for exactly that purpose and yet here we stand waving our arms. Sell to me sell to me and no one waves back. Apparently a few people need to take a business class or two hahaha

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
We will put together a list and post. We're finalizing what folks are offering.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Hahaha. Presently. It does not (I have tried hahaha) but it absolutely should!!! As a business man, it amazes me that a vender doesn’t see the unbelievable resource they have here. If I had a forum for my line of work where my customers quite literally gathered to talk, discuss, view share and purchase the only product I sell to a niche market. You couldn’t hold me back with a team off horses to offer them a way to receive a discount and use my services. Think about it, every store on the planet has some sort of card or loyalty program for exactly that purpose and yet here we stand waving our arms. Sell to me sell to me and no one waves back. Apparently a few people need to take a business class or two hahaha
You think with websites that offer products at a lower cost these local places would itch to try and beat the websites which are putting them out of business..

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys. Thanks for the incentive. Started reaching out to vendors to bring this back.

So far we have
Salgado Aquatics
Dynamic tanks
Offering 10% off for club members.

Will be bring the cards back online shortly.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
You think with websites that offer products at a lower cost these local places would itch to try and beat the websites which are putting them out of business..
I agree, especially on dry goods. It's very rare for me to purchase from an LFS when it's more convenient to purchase online.

At the end of the day, the LFS is a dying breed that soon, IMO will fade away over time.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I agree, especially on dry goods. It's very rare for me to purchase from an LFS when it's more convenient to purchase online.

At the end of the day, the LFS is a dying breed that soon, IMO will fade away over time.
Unfortunate but true.. the big online vendors can live with smaller profit margins because of the quantity they push. If LFS sold at reasonable prices they'd end up doing better over a longer period of time.. however the convenience of getting stuff delivered is game changing

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
well my question is how does a LFS sell live stock 2x 3x online does... i mean if ur purchasing $100 worth you get the free shipping and pay literally half the price the store does need trying to get myself a mandarin online sells for $20 absolutely fish wants 45...
specially when you do group orders or large stock online just kills the stores

well my question is how does a LFS sell live stock 2x 3x online does... i mean if ur purchasing $100 worth you get the free shipping and pay literally half the price the store does need trying to get myself a mandarin online sells for $20 absolutely fish wants 45...
specially when you do group orders or large stock online just kills the stores
Unfortunately that’s the world we live in. Brick And mortar cost money. And that brick and mortar has be lit heated and cared for, for the public. So one on one all stores Have a challenge to beat the simple cost savings of online. However. All is not lost. Stores also have many advantage... there challenge is to do there best to make customers happy and give the purchaser a reason to be there. Frankly some stores suck at it. But there others. And more who will come along. I have been to easily 100 aquarium shops and will continue to visit them and shop. Small list of why is simple

1. Knowable staff that can speak and show me things one on one.
2. Large stock. That lets me see things I never even considered.
3. I love fish, I love corals. Going to these place can be like a fun family trip
4. Display tanks, display tanks, display tanks. Nuff said lol.
5. Other people who share my interest (customers) I have gotten great info from non employees at stores.
6. And lastly this is a hobby. Get off your arses get out side. It’s not all 100 percent about the almighty dollar. Go see some stuff :)

Small adjunct. In my opinion while you can save money buying live stock online. You take a huge risk buying site un seen. As an example. We have the prettiest yellow eyed kole tang on the planet. Because I saw dozens of them. And did not buy one till I found what I like. This can’t be done online.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Small adjunct. In my opinion while you can save money buying live stock online. You take a huge risk buying site un seen. As an example. We have the prettiest yellow eyed kole tang on the planet. Because I saw dozens of them. And did not buy one till I found what I like. This can’t be done online.
facts on that for sure i got myself a wild caught yellow tang baby, wasnt as yellow as i expected it to be honestly.. started feeding that new life spectrum stuff made a difference in color for sure but yah we all have our own taste

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Unfortunately that’s the world we live in. Brick And mortar cost money. And that brick and mortar has be lit heated and cared for, for the public. So one on one all stores Have a challenge to beat the simple cost savings of online. However. All is not lost. Stores also have many advantage... there challenge is to do there best to make customers happy and give the purchaser a reason to be there. Frankly some stores suck at it. But there others. And more who will come along. I have been to easily 100 aquarium shops and will continue to visit them and shop. Small list of why is simple

1. Knowable staff that can speak and show me things one on one.
2. Large stock. That lets me see things I never even considered.
3. I love fish, I love corals. Going to these place can be like a fun family trip
4. Display tanks, display tanks, display tanks. Nuff said lol.
5. Other people who share my interest (customers) I have gotten great info from non employees at stores.
6. And lastly this is a hobby. Get off your arses get out side. It’s not all 100 percent about the almighty dollar. Go see some stuff :)

Not mention that are much smaller than you realize when buying on-line. There were not many marine LFS back when I joined so bought on-line.