• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NO-PO-x

I have been dosing with NO-PO-X now for seven days and for the last two days my skimmer is going crazy pushing out foam so thick that it pushes the lid right off the skimmer. Has anyone ever use this product before and is this normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horseplay

NJRC Member
If there is a lot of nutrients in the water this might happen. You might want to easy back a little on the nopox. Don’t reduce nutrients too fast.

If there is a lot of nutrients in the water this might happen. You might want to easy back a little on the nopox. Don’t reduce nutrients too fast.

Ok yeah the nitrates started at 20 and have dropped to 5 in seven days. Water is a little cloudy too

Been dosing NoPoX for 12 days now. Brought nitrates from 20 to 5 then cam back up to 10. I cannot get them to 0. I also did 2 20% water changes. I only feed the fish 2 times in 10 days. Where are these nitrates coming from and why won't they go away. Help

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Your rocks...did you bleach them when you setup the tank?

How long has the tank been running?

horseplay

NJRC Member
Keep in mind the hobbyist grade test kit for nitrate can be quite inaccurate. It can be difficult to tell the difference between 5 and 10. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s around 5ppm. You just need to figure out the maintenance dosage over time. Maybe measure once a week and adjust in small amounts. Also need to measure phosphate when carbon dosing. Either phosphate or nitrate depletion can be very damaging to corals.

Keep in mind the hobbyist grade test kit for nitrate can be quite inaccurate. It can be difficult to tell the difference between 5 and 10. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s around 5ppm. You just need to figure out the maintenance dosage over time. Maybe measure once a week and adjust in small amounts. Also need to measure phosphate when carbon dosing. Either phosphate or nitrate depletion can be very damaging to corals.

Thank you