• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Noisy Current Fans

I have a Current Extreme 48" x 8 T5 light. I'm very happy with it, but the fans are kind of noisy. Since I have everything else plumbed in the basement, they are the only thing I hear. Any one have any fixes or suggestions? Maybe replacement fans or running them at a slower speed!?!?!

Thanks

You have a bit of a problem here. Obviously the fans are in there to keep the fixture and it's components cool. If you try running them at a lower speed, you'll get less airflow and more heat. This is not what you want to do.

It may be possible to replace them. For that, I recommend you look at Jameco Electronics (offsite link) - http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

That's the home page. Then click on fans and cooling. You get a massive selection of AC and DC fans. For a project like this, you must replace the existing fans with ones that produce the same or greater airflow. The specs for the fans include the air flow and noise, so you can make a good selection. The airflow for the existing fans is usually stamped on them some place. You'll need to take the fixture apart to see those numbers.