• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Noisy light fan on Oceanic 8 gallon

can anyone help with this....Tempted to go out and buy new light and not use the top, but it really defeats the purpose $ wise. Has anyone modded fans to run quiet?

I have a Biocube 29 and the fan noise is over shadowed by my sump/skimmer/and fans on my 120.

I'm sure if you google it you'll find some answers.

Reilly Stv said:
can anyone help with this....Tempted to go out and buy new light and not use the top, but it really defeats the purpose $ wise. Has anyone modded fans to run quiet?

Not sure...but welcome to NJRC!

I had the same problem with my BC8 when I first got it. So I took the hood apart and found out one of wires was rubbing against the fan which turned out to be the problem. Hope this helps.

-Jon

UPDATE for those who experience this! Oceanic is sending me two replacement fans. They also recomended placing felt pads between the fans and the inside part of the canopy. Hope this helps others!

Thanks for the update. I know Tropiquarium gave me a free fan when mine was making too much noise, standard price is about 12 bucks. On another note you can get some replacement fans that should be quieter on some of the Nano sales sites.