• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NOPOX

Does anyone use it? How well does it work? and do you run it with your GFO? I just orderedd a bottle of BRS to try and reduce my nitrates to hopefully rid myself of my hair algae

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

horseplay

NJRC Member
Many have used it to great success. Easy to use. Highly recommended. Make sure you can measure phosphate and nitrate levels until everything stabilize.

horseplay

NJRC Member
My phosphates are undetectable on my salifert Test, but my nitrates are what's high.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You will need to dose a little phosphate otherwise carbon dosing won’t work. Do you run GFO? If so then take that offline. The key is to get into a balanced situation. Also unless nitrate is over 20ppm I will not worry too much.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Take the GFO offline you will see the nitrate level slowly comes down. You should see some white bacteria film growing on the underside of rocks if it’s working. Skimmer production will increase. this takes time initially so need to be patient.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I use a different vinegar/vodka ratio. There is really no scientific proof which is better than the other. Just make sure you remember the ratio you have used. My understanding is that vinegar is easier for the bacteria to use so it is consumed quicker, hence the mixing. But I might be wrong.