• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Not tank related so sorry

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I know this has nothing to do with our hobby but might explain why I been a little AWOL lately. Most of you guys know I do IT for a college. I been working here for going on 10 years (in March). I been in different sub-department of the IT the past 10 years which includes telecommunication, faculty/staff helpdesk/ and now av. I am a man of many hats because I also run our CCTV system beside write code/install AV equipment.

Now to my post

I been tasked with a major project. We have this event space on campus; its two high profile rooms which can also be joined into one large room. This space has two e-podiums (pc, laptop connection, etc...) that either can be connected to about 20 different spots in the rooms. There are three projectors for the space as well. The equipment was old and giving us issues. My task was to upgrade the space.

For the past year (off and on) or so I been designing, coding, testing equipment, etc... for this project. This week was the only time we had the room open that we can do the install. The space is not 100% done but its to the point that anyone can use the space if they need to. It feels great to have this project basically done

Ok back to fish stuff now.