• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ny aquatics

so hows this for customer service? so ought tfish 10 days ago and lost my powder blue tang. sent me pic and info to let tem know. and this is the response I get.

Jennifer.

The fish is COVERED with ich.
That’s your problem.

Is this a reef or fish only?
You will continue to lose fish until you deal with the ich.
You have a very serious case.

Michael Stern
Michael@NYAquatic.com
914-661-3128

is this what you expect from a company?

so hows this for customer service? so ought tfish 10 days ago and lost my powder blue tang. sent me pic and info to let tem know. and this is the response I get.

Jennifer.

That’s your problem.

Michael Stern
Michael@NYAquatic.com
914-661-3128

Michael maybe it is because you sold jrjackson a fish with ICH DURRRR. Cross this off my list of places I'd buy from.

WoW!

First off? The tone of his email is ridiculous and condescending.
Second? If they have a guarantee? They have a guarantee.
Third? Aren't tangs notorious for CI?

I have had fish in quarantine develop CI - that's why we quarantine ... Right? The shipping, acclimation and new home are all enough to stress even a healthy specimen to the point of a suppressed immune system.

What an A-hole. Added to my short list of shops I won't buy from.

falconut

NJRC Member
I thought I read people had good experiences with them. I was considering them in the future, but maybe I'll have to re-think it.

Unfortunately, sickness can be subject to an argument, maybe the fish was fine and got infected in your tank or maybe the fish they sold was sick. But, in any case, I'd expect a better more caring response than that. No, that's not what I'd expect from a company. But, I buy most of my fish from my LFS, which has no guarantee at all.

Sorry for your loss. Do you have other fish that are sick?

Jennifer.

That’s your problem.

Michael Stern
Michael@NYAquatic.com
914-661-3128

How long was the fish in your tank? (If I am reading this right you say 10 days)
If that is the case fish stores usually only guarantee for 24-48 hrs if at all.

How long was the fish in your tank? (If I am reading this right you say 10 days)
If that is the case fish stores usually only guarantee for 24-48 hrs if at all.

Their website claims 14 day guarantee - which I've learned is the usual for most online livestock sellers.

OP - any chance you can post that pic?
I'm curious to see what it looked like. Could it have been sand from your tank?

And please I am by no means trying to condone the actions of the dealer and have never used them or had any dealings with them just trying to get the whole story...

That guy is the biggest douche I delt with him once only cause Dominic from diamonds of the reef recommended him. Long story short I bought 6 fish. Shipping was horrendous to say the least I get store credit for dead fish.2nd try same thing after that I threatend to take the 1hr drive to his place of establishment and beat him senseless unless he refunded me for the dead fish. He ended up doing so and I will never buy from him again and I tell people not to aswell

That guy is the biggest douche I delt with him once only cause Dominic from diamonds of the reef recommended him. Long story short I bought 6 fish. Shipping was horrendous to say the least I get store credit for dead fish.2nd try same thing after that I threatend to take the 1hr drive to his place of establishment and beat him senseless unless he refunded me for the dead fish. He ended up doing so and I will never buy from him again and I tell people not to aswell

I guess a good beating improves customer service. I have heard similar stories, prices look great but hassle is not worth it.

When i first started in the hobby i bought from them out of a referral from a friend. Ended up sending me the wrong fish, and the one he sent me was in horrible condition and looked like it got beaten up pretty badly. Also not knowing much i bought some LR, looked like dry rock that he jus wet before shipping, bleach white. Never ordered from them again but my friend has gotten all his fish from there, idk why he keeps going back.

radiata

NJRC Member
So, I agree with the belief that Powder Blues are "Ich Magnets". And, so I must ask, "Did the Ich come in with the Powder Blue or did the fish contract it once it was sufficiently stressed in the buyer's system?" Did the buyer quarantine/medicate the fish before plunking it into their display tank? I doubt it... To me, it just doesn't look like the seller was to blame, and this complaint certainly wouldn't stop me from buying from them... Caveat emptor, and adjust accordingly.