• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oceanarium Shutdown?

I was there last weekend - there stock has dwindled down to almost nothing - I think they will not last the summer - again folks - I am not endorsing - I got a few good deals there and I also have dealt with Much higher priced places like Absolutely fish - and spent $1,000 and after 2 weeks I lost half the stock - since I have rare and exotic fish in the tank along with some average and expensive corals - I know it is most likely not my tank (all parameters within or better than tolerances)- some were dead in the "bag" shock or poor packing - some stores honor live arrival and a period of time usually 48 hours - I bought 2 Lineatus wrasses (m/f) & a Temmenicki from Tropiquarium - 1 Lineatus was dead by time I got home (20 minute ride), the other died in my hospital tank 36 hours later - the Temmenicki is doing fine and has graduated to the reef tank - - I will continue to shop there it is a great store and great people - even after loosing $350 worth of fish (they credited me for the fish ) - who knows why they died - wrasse are delicate shippers to begin with.

Diseased and sick fish are not only found in places like Oceanarium - I have seen them in very expensive places too that claim to have the most sophisticated systems and a price tag to cover it all... My best experiences - consistently have been with places like Dr Foster's mail order - best LFS - Something Fishey and the Hidden Reef, with Trop a close 3rd - have not been to the others recommened here by the club (ILC, etc.)

But I agree and respect your perspective on Oceanarium - I am at the bottom of a losing argument - so I will drop it - but I stand by my postion that if you are trying to save coral reefs - you are barking up the wrong tree - you better look in the "White House" and not in Marlboro, NJ for the answer..

See ya
Chris

R

reseter5

i had a client who wanted a custom tank.. i went to this place 5 times and got disgusted.... plus they wanted $70 for baby hippo tangs and $80 for a porcupine puffer.... no prices on the frags... i am sure they were way out of line.....