• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oceanic Biocube 14

Are you keeping your nano standard, or are you doing any mods (upgrades)? Have you added a powerhead for more circulation? Updates if what have you done so far with pictures.

Good luck with your set up. I have a Biocube with pistol shrimp and gobies, I think it's a great choice because they are somewhat tolerant of water conditions. And they are very entertaining! I recommend the media tray from these people as a small upgrade, it's expensive but a quality piece of gear.
http://www.mediabaskets.com/

Thanks guys. Here's the latest update.

The pistol shrimp and goby move was successful this past weekend. However, when i added some corals in the tank, it didn't go as planned. I grabbed some corals from the main DT and added them to the tank. Perhaps the water was not matched enough so the following day the water smelled really bad. Some snails were clinging to life. All the corals i put were really unhappy: the duncan and toadstool were retracted, mushrooms were spewing something from the mouth, and even zoos and palys were closed. I immediately placed all the corals back in the sump, did an 80% water change and placed 2 small carbon bags in the back compartment. So far so good. I will attempt to add the corals again this week. Not too many this time.
gapu6y8y.jpg

zeru5any.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Those media baskets are awesome, highly recommended for nanos.