• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

October Meeting - Sunday 10/22

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks good, Rich. Did you try running it like that? If so, did you have any trouble with it vortexing? The slot you are using is where we have the vortrtex shield which we need due the amount of air it pulls in when not in place.

Also, HOLY COW does it push a lot of water. We fired it up for a few minutes in our 65 last night and things were blowing all over the place. I think if we left it on overnight we would have had a 95% bare bottom tank, with a mound of 1 sand in one corner!

I'm thinking about building one with the smaller prop to see if it's a little more manageable for that size tank.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I didn't do the mod on the impeller yet so I couldn't test it. I haven't seen the shield but I would simply glue a guard of some sort to the shroud or pump itself to prevent the vortex. Its odd that my Vortech Pump isn't pulling a vortex and its only about 4" below the surface yet the maxi mods have that problem. Do the tunze have the vortexing problem? Maybe the prop pitch or slot configuration have something to do with it.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
momof6kids said:
thetiler said:
Looks good Rich
Make about 50 of them LOL

Jason

Actually, we only need about 30 of them! :p

I'm not 100% satisfied with them as of yet. I need to get my mod done so I can test. I understand that noise is a problem with some of the mod brackets. I also have an AGA 150 so I'm also concerned with the different types of tanks and the interface between the bracket and tank. If I could get some measurements of the top of others tanks (i.e. AGA 150 = 1-3/8") (euro bracing excluded) I could maybe find a common denominator to satisfy most. Also, to make things less complicated, depth adjustment should be left out. Having said that, the prototype holds the top of the pump as shown at around 4" below the surface. Comments on that would be appreciated. I also need a couple pictures of the vortex shield, I have an idea for that as well.

Nagel and I will bring a 4-bean salad and an apple pie or chocolate cake (or both). Depends on if Erik will want to share the chocolate cake ::)

Kat, is there anything else you think you'll need? Paper goods, plastic utensils? (I threw a party a couple months ago and stocked up so I had more than enough and I still have plenty left over in the pantry...)

Thanks for hosting!

Jo-Ann

Jo-ann,

If you're sure you have plenty of paper goods - Bring them on! I was just about to go out the door and pick some up. I'll keep with that plan if I don't hear from you.....

Thanks!

Kathy

You sure it's exit 163 and not 168?

Yahoo maps gave me this for directions:

7. Take exit #168/CR-502 onto WASHINGTON AVE toward WESTWOOD/HOHOKUS/WASHINGTON - go 2.2 mi
8. Continue on WESTWOOD AVE - go 0.2 mi
9. Turn Right on HARRINGTON AVE - go 0.4 mi
10. Continue on CEDAR LN - go 0.1 mi
11. Continue on WESTWOOD AVE - go 0.5 mi
12. Arrive at 608 WESTWOOD AVE, RIVERVALE, on the right.

google maps has similar results...

I will be bringing some fresh strawberries and some chips.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm wondering the same thing... Which is right?

I'm bringing Pepperoni, Cheese and crackers... Some beer too.

Okay, :-[ :-[

Hopefully everyone figured out that I live at exit 168 NOT 163 ( I work at 163 and must have dyslexed them)

My house number is hidden by a large tree -- look for the grey house across the street from Roberge School. You should park in that parking lot also.

Kathy

I'll bring the paper goods I have. (plus a the bean salad and dutch apple crumb) - we are going to be a little late though since we had a minor issue this morning - no oil, therefore no heat...had to wait for the oil co. to come and give us enough to get through til tomorrow...so we're running behind...