• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ohh nooo! Now a 125?? the beginning......

well, i've been wanting to upgrade my 40b,well , since the day i got it!! lol! so my uncle called me, and said...you could have the 125 gallon i have. FOR FREE!!! so, umm, duh! yeah i picked up that deal!! so, i got:

125 gallon rr w/dual overflows
etss reef devil skimmer
two sumps
a couple pumps
stand
haters
rock
sand

everything but the lights!

im stoked!!! i still have some sanding and staining to do. then plumb it all in, and start a cycle.

ill post pics soon, and keep you all updated on the process!

comment/questions greatly appreciated!! thanx all!!!!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Please let your uncle know that I’m your long lost relative. Now, where’s my tank? ;D

Congratulations. I guess this means you’ll be changing your avatar? Last time I checked 125 gallons doesn’t qualify as a nano.

Now get those pictures up asap....we want pictures. Can’t wait.

well, on the ride home from deleware today...(sucky drive)...i was thinking about it. im gonna rebuild my stand a bit so the 40 fits inside. the stand is tall enough, but not deep enough. and yes, im gonn make it a big fuge. and then i have a 20gal sump, which will just have the phos reactor the skimmer attached to it. still in the planning stages, but i sure wanna rush and set it up, but im sure not gonna!! lol

well heres some pics. been working on the stand a lil bit. still have a ways to go yet on it though...

etss reef devil...bad arse skimmer!!
the125413.jpg

back of the stand. you can see where i took out the two braces. added some 2x4's to the top and bottom, so i can reattach new braces to the back of them. which would give me the room to fit my 40 in there...
the125414.jpg

front of the stand. nuthing special. coated the whole inside with killz to seal the wood.
the125415.jpg

now the tank. dual overflows, and lots of room for a sweet aquascape!!! needz major cleaning though!!!
the125416.jpg

and some pics of the two sumps, and misc crap. im only using one of them.
the125417.jpg

sweet dude! gonna have to keep an eye out for urs also! this ones gonna go slow, since this will be my prize tank, i want everything to be perfect! down to every pvc elbow being straight and true!!

still trying to figure out what i want for an aquascape???

jerzsky said:
sweet dude! gonna have to keep an eye out for urs also! this ones gonna go slow, since this will be my prize tank, i want everything to be perfect! down to every pvc elbow being straight and true!!

still trying to figure out what i want for an aquascape???

ahh throw a couple of pirate ships in there and be done LOL

i was thinking of a star wars theme....going out and buying the millenium falco lego kit....and maybe a star destroyer!! lol